Monday, October 8, 2012

My Love for You


If the last thing that I’m called to do
Is shed my blood for you,
Then I’d gladly let them strap me down
And strip me of my young heart’s sound.

You’re worth the life inside my veins,
Worth every ounce and more again;
They can hang me from atop a tree,
Even take my clothes in mockery,
But I won’t fight, I won’t give up,
It’s for you I’ll shed my blood.

If the last thing that I’m called to do
Is spill my blood for you,
Then I’d gladly let them strap me down
And strip me of my mortal sound.

I know well what waits for me,
I’ve seen the path ahead;
Don’t weep for me, weep for yourself,
Life begins once we kiss death.

The one thing that I’m called to do
Is shed my blood for you,
So call them in to strap me down
And strip me of my mortal crown.

This is my love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment