Friday, September 28, 2012

We Need Us

If our systems fail and the world falls down,
Promise me you’ll stick around;
If the lights go out and the clouds roll in,
Say you’ll stay by me, my friend. 

If we’re living for ourselves
Then we’re sure to die alone;
If we’re loving our reflections
Then the enemy’s won.

We’re chipping away in the wrong direction
When we find ourselves miles from home;
We’re making all the wrong decisions
When our systems fail and we can’t get home.

If our systems fail and the world falls down,
Promise me you’ll stick around;
If the lights go out and the clouds roll in,
Say you’ll stay by me, my friend.

3 comments:

  1. Puts me in mind of that new TV show Revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great! Can I use this poem as lyrics for a song? What is the best way to contact you to talk about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, Eric...I had tried to reply to you from my phone the day you posted this comment, but apparently it never went through! You can email me at radamgonzales at gmail dot com

      I'm honored you enjoy this one! Hope to hear from you soon!

      Delete