Saturday, June 23, 2012

There's Life, Even in the Sand

We used to have the world in
The palms of our hands;
Now we’re left with nothing
But two fists full of sand.

Let me take you back to
When we climbed great heights;
Let me take you back to
When we arrested the nights.

The Sun never set until we’d had our fill,
The Moon never fell until we’d found our thrills;
Oceans spoke softly while we took in the sands,
Winds whispered gently with the wave of our hands.

Let me take you back to
When we let down our hair;
Let me take you back to
When we let fall our cares.

We used to have the world in
The palms of our hands;
Now we’re left with nothing
But two fists full of sand.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Anything in particular that struck you in this poem? I always love hearing feedback from my readers. :)

      Delete